CRITICAL ANIMALS CURATOR CALL OUT
8th September – 14th May, 2018
CURATOR CALL OUT
Critical Animals are calling out for a Project Curator to deliver their annual Critical Animals exhibition at The Lock-Up, as part of the This is Not Art Festival
This position works closely with other Co-Directors of Critical Animals and The Lock-Up staff to realise the exhibition.
- Curate and deliver a month-long exhibition to be held at The Lock-Up that is in line with the vision of both Critical Animals and The Lock-Up.
- Take part in The Lock-Up’s Artist in Residence Program from 28 May – 7 June 2018 to further develop curatorial and site-specific ideas of the exhibition.
- Engage artists to be a part of the exhibition and organise the logistics for the exhibition.
- Write a catalogue essay for the exhibition as well as wall text and captions.
- Program and chair a panel discussion during the Critical Animals Research Symposium relating to the exhibition.
- Work closely with The Lock-Up to deliver the exhibition, working within the constraints of a historic building.
- Meet exhibition deadlines provided by both Critical Animals and The Lock-Up to deliver the exhibition.
- Overall period: May – November 2018
- Residency: 28 May – 7 June
- Install: 25 – 27 SeptemberTINA/Critical AnimalsFestival: 27 September – 30 September 2018
- De-install: 23 October 2018
- It is expected that this position would require approximately 1 day per week in lead up; increasingly more hours as the festival nears; full time for the week of the festival, commencing May 2018.