CASUAL CHILDRENS ART EDUCATOR – The Lock-Up
6 hours p/week
One year casual contract commencing October 2022
Includes Saturday work
Award/Rate: $30 p/hour
The Lock-Up is looking for a Casual Children’s Art Educator to lead and create the gallery’s new children’s art workshop program. We are looking for someone to join our small team who is passionate about experimental and contemporary art and arts education.
Suited to a motivated, well organised individual who is both a team player and able to work independently, the Casual Art Educator must be well presented, a skilled communicator and able to be an enthusiastic and friendly face of the organisation.
The position has the possibility of being extended depending on future funding.
The Lock-Up is committed to diversity and strongly supports applications from First Peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ people, and people with disability.
About the Role
– Creates and delivers multidisciplinary professional education art experiences for children that relate directly to The Lock-Up’s artistic program.
– Creates educational activities that are accessible and inclusive.
– Reports to and takes direction from the Galley Director and Curator.
– Works to support, and in collaboration with Gallery staff
– Work schedule includes 3 hours workshop planning and assisting staff with general gallery duties mid-week (flexible days) in addition to 3 hours for workshop delivery on Saturdays.
Essential Selection Criteria
– Experience working with education with children of all ages
– Experience in the creation and facilitation of children’s art workshops
– Be able to use a diverse range of artistic mediums such as acrylic, water colour, clay, collage, digital etc
– Knowledge of contemporary and experimental arts practices
– Ability to run workshop sessions independently
– Fine Arts or Education Degree or equivalent experience
– Working With Children Check
– A current contemporary arts practice
– Driver’s license and own mode of transport
– Experience coordinating volunteers
Please email your CV with references and a one page word doc addressing the essential criteria to The Lock-Up Artistic Director Courtney Novak firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information to discuss the role call 4925 2265 or email email@example.com
Applications close 5PM 26 September 2022.